1. No entry fee is required to participate.
2. Each parade entry must submit an application and signed waiver form by the deadline of Thursday, September 16th, at 5:00PM. (submit online, email it to email@example.com or mail/drop off at the Altoona Chamber office located at 119 2nd Street SE, Ste. A, Altoona, IA 50009)
3. For safety, only registered floats and vehicles will be allowed in the staging area.
4. CANDY – no candy can be thrown from the vehicle. Each entry must provide a walker/candy distributor on either side of the vehicle. This will help cut down on children running into traffic to retrieve treats.
5. Entries should not stop to perform during the parade route.
6. The parade sponsors encourage floats to be decorated with the parade theme. Please make sure that your float has an organization/group name displayed.
7. All vehicles towing a float must have safety chains between the pulling vehicle and the float. The float must be secured.
8. All cars/trucks must be street legal.
9. Walking entries must be able to keep up with the pace of the parade and provide a banner/sign with organization/group name.
10. Equestrian or other animal/pet entries are required to supply clean-up crews to follow entries. Waste clean-up in the staging area is mandated. It is recommended to pull hay 12 hours prior to parade.
11. The parade sponsors reserve the right to make any changes and/or revisions at any time without prior notice. The parade sponsors reserve the right to restrict and/or remove parade entries.