The Altoona Area Chamber of Commerce offers many opportunities to increase your business brand through networking, sponsorships/recognition and the services we provide:
- Annual Awards Dinner - Special award presentation and program for membership to meet socially and network with other members.
- Ribbon Cuttings - Available to new businesses in the community, businesses completing a major remodeling project, moving to a new location or new ownership. Social media promotion before and after event.
- Breakfast Before Business - A social networking event hosted by business to promote their business or services before hours.
- Business After Hours - A social networking event hosted by businesses to promote their business or services.
- Network Connectors - Welcoming committee for all ribbon cuttings and after hour gatherings.
- Image Builders - Event development and promotion committee.
- Perk Before Work - Networking opportunity first Tuesday morning of every month. (With the exception of July)
- Noon Networking - Networking opportunity third Tuesday of every month over the lunch hour. (With the exception of July & December)
- Women of Vision - Programming specifically designed to support women in business.
- Community Mentoring - The Chamber provides access to experienced business leaders within membership for those with an entrepreneurial spirit, and/or facing challenges within their business, and, as a connection to leadership opportunities available in the community. (ie., City Council, Library Board, etc.)
- Social Media Platforms - The Altoona Chamber has thousands of followers on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Friday Member Focus Videos - Members featured on social media outlets with a unique to you video produced by the Chamber.
- Bi-Monthly Newsletters - To keep members updated and informed on what is happening in and around Eastern Polk County.
- Membership Decals - Show community and organizational support.
- Mailing Labels - Member contacts and addresses provided on mailing labels to be used for business promotion. (fee)
- Media Lists - Contact names and addresses for media outlets for the area.
- Business & Community Guide - Delivered to every business and household in Altoona, Bondurant, Mitchellville, Runnells & Pleasant Hill, providing a unique opportunity for exposure for your business.
- Sponsorship Opportunities - As a member, you have the opportunity to share your business brand with hundreds of guests at all of our events with a cost effective sponsorship.
- The Breakroom Buzz - A weekly communication featuring not only Chamber events and news, but also another vehicle for member businesses to promote and feature their events, employee recognitions, job opportunities, and news to our large member database.
- Workforce Development - The Chamber shares career opportunities within our member businesses on our website, all social media platforms and within The Breakroom Buzz.
- Student Advancement for Future Workforce - The Chamber partners with Bondurant and Southeast Polk Community School Districts to provide connections with business members for future candidates for employment, internships, apprenticeships, job shadowing, career fairs and classroom featured speakers.
- Referral Service - Members are referred when requests of availability of goods or services are received at the Chamber office.
- Relocation Requests - The office provides information on housing or office rental space available and other information individuals or businesses request.
- Access to Member Information - Chamber member brochures and other literature are available to members, residents and visitors.
- Business 101 Classes & Membership Luncheons - Offered on a variety of business related topics. Business 101 Classes are a benefit of your membership and free of charge.
- Business Advocacy - The Chamber can provide information on upcoming legislation impacting our business community at all levels.